Call For Artists
The Vegas Valley Comic Book Festival (VVCBF) is looking for a Las Vegas-area artist to create the official branding artwork for the 2016 festival. This image will be used on all posters, fliers and web banners to promote this year’s event. The artwork should represent the festival’s theme of “celebrating the illustrated word,” and incorporate its Las Vegas location in some way (but no names, logos, dates or other text should be included).
Entries will be judged by the Vegas Valley Comic Book Festival planning committee. Submissions will be evaluated based on concept, originality, layout and marketing adaptability.
The top selected artist will receive:
- Two VIP admissions to the festival
- Featured bio on the VVCBF website
- Recognition on VVCBF social media sites
- Oh yeah, and $250!
The runner-up artist’s work will be featured as the official 2016 VVCBF VIP badge artwork, and will receive $50 in cold, hard cash (OK, actually a check).
By submitting artwork, you agree to grant a license for your submitted image to the Vegas Valley Comic Book Festival and the Las Vegas-Clark County Library District for reproduction and promotion. You will retain the original copyright on your image.
Guidelines for Entry
- This is open to all artists residing in Clark County, Nevada.
- Limit to one entry per artist. Entries must be an original art piece (any medium, including digital) that is production-ready, in a SQUARE format (so that it can be adapted and cropped into a variety of formats/shapes).
- If you’re providing digital art, it must be at least 300 dpi at 14×14 inches
- On the back of any physical entries, please include the artist’s name, address, phone number and email address.
- Submitted artwork should avoid using any recognizable licensed/copyrighted characters or properties (unless you own the rights). As this is an all-ages event, the image must not contain any offensive/adult material.
The submission period is now closed. The final selection will be announced by or before June 24, 2016.