Call For Artists
The Vegas Valley Comic Book Festival (VVCBF) is looking for a Las Vegas-area artist to create the official branding artwork for the 2017 festival. This image will be used on all posters, fliers and web banners to promote this year’s event. The artwork should represent the festival’s theme of “celebrating the illustrated word,” and incorporate its Las Vegas location in some way (but no names, logos, dates or other text should be included).
Entries will be judged by the Vegas Valley Comic Book Festival planning committee. Submissions will be evaluated based on concept, originality, layout and marketing adaptability.
The top selected artist will receive:
- Two complimentary VVCBF VIP packages
- Featured bio on the VVCBF website
- Recognition on VVCBF social media sites
- Oh yeah, and $250!
By submitting artwork, you agree to grant a license for your submitted image to the Vegas Valley Comic Book Festival and the Las Vegas-Clark County Library District for reproduction and promotion. You will retain the original copyright on your image.
Guidelines for Entry
- This is open to artists of all ages residing in Clark County, Nevada.
- Entries do not need to be finished pieces of art. Submit a basic sketch, in the medium of your choice, that will effectively demonstrate the composition, layout and if possible, intended palette of the finished work.
- Submitted artwork should avoid using any recognizable licensed/copyrighted characters or properties (unless you own the rights). As this is an all-ages event, the image must not contain any offensive/adult material.
- On the back of any physical entries, please include the artist’s name, address, phone number and email address.
- Initial sketches must be submitted by April 10, 2017 to be considered for selection.
- If selected, artists must be able to deliver the finished, fully rendered artwork by May 8, 2017.
- Artists under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian submit the artwork on their behalf.
Artwork can be delivered either by using the form below, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person to the Clark County Library, 1401 E. Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, NV 89119, on or before the submission deadline at 6 p.m., Monday, April 10, 2017. Please contact Suzanne Scott at email@example.com or (702) 507-3459 to coordinate your delivery. If you are submitting a digital file over 10MB, please use a service like Hightail, Dropbox or WeTransfer. If you experience problems with the form below, please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The final selection will be announced by or before April 17, 2017.