Guest Q&A: Angela Webber of The Doubleclicks
Angela Webber is one-half (with her sister Aubrey) of the nationally touring, Billboard-charting nerd-folk duo The Doubleclicks. The Sisters Webber will be bringing their cello, meowing cat keyboard and songs about dinosaurs, cats, Netflix, space and Dungeons & Dragons to the Clark County Library Theater stage at 2 p.m. on the day of this year’s festival, as well as at our official after-party at The Dive Bar in the evening.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Cats, burritos, equality, and a good blanket.
2. What is your greatest fear?
It would take a while to type, but I believe it can be summed up by “Imposter Syndrome.”
3. On what occasion do you lie?
When I’m trying to make other people happy. Also, when people ask how many times I’ve seen Star Wars.
4. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I’d be better at thinking a few steps ahead: in strategy games, life-goal-setting, choosing what TV shows to invest my time in…
5. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Sometimes we trick little girls into singing about positive body image because they think they are singing about dinosaurs. It’s awesome.
6. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
“Totes,” “Rad,” and “Obvi.” But I don’t care that much. Obvi.
7. What do you most value in your friends?
Intelligence, humor, empathy and ability to send perfect cat videos.
8. What supernatural gift would you most like to possess?
I would love to never feel lazy. That would be supernatural.
9. What is your favorite food?
Macaroni and cheese. With anything.
10. What is your favorite color?
11. Who is your favorite fictional character?
At the moment, Jennifer Strange from Jasper Fforde’s books. And Willow Rosenberg.
12. Who is your favorite artist?
13. Who is your favorite musician?
14. Who are your favorite writers?
Jasper Fforde, Amber Benson, John Scalzi, JK Rowling.
15. DC, Marvel, Lovecraft or Whedon Universe?
16. What is your present state of mind?
17. What is your motto?
The things that make you different are what really make you shine.