Guest Q&A: Amy Chu
Amy Chu is a comics writer whose work includes the Girls Night Out anthologies, The VIP Room and the sci-fi all ages adventure Saving Abby. She is also a contributor to Vertigo’s CMYK and Strange Sports Stories, the CBLDF Liberty Annual, and is writing Poison Ivy’s first solo series for DC Comics. Amy will be appearing on the “Self-Publishing 101” panel at 11 a.m. and leading the “Writing for Anthologies and Short Comic Stories” workshop at 2 p.m.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
An uninterrupted hour at the Lego pick-a-brick wall.
2. What is your greatest fear?
Dying before I finish my scripts O_O
3. On what occasion do you lie?
Daily, to myself about my to-do list.
4. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
5. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Writing and publishing my own comics.
6. What do you most dislike about yourself?
I can be a total chump sometimes.
7. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
8. What is your most treasured possession?
It’s a toss-up between a first-edition Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy signed by Douglas Adams himself, and an original Scarlet Witch splash page by Jim Cheung.
9. What do you most value in your friends?
10. The quality you most admire in a person?
11. What supernatural gift would you most like to possess?
The ability to eat fried chicken and a dozen Krispy Kremes and not gain weight.
12. What is your favorite food?
13. What is your favorite color?
14. Who is your favorite fictional character?
15. Who is your favorite person in history?
The person who invented coffee.
16. Who is your favorite artist?
17. Who is your favorite musician?
18. Who are your favorite writers?
Brian K. Vaughan, Gail Simone, Jason Aaron.
19. Who are your heroes in real life?
20. DC, Marvel, Lovecraft or Whedon Universe?
21. What is your present state of mind?
22. What is your motto?
Donuts today, not tomorrow.