Our musical headliner for the 2013 Vegas Valley Comic Book Fest, Adam WarRock, has taken his lifelong obsession with pop culture and hip-hop and created an internet sensation. His seamless blend of independent hip-hop and pop cultural sensibility has firmly established Adam WarRock as a name to watch for in the current music scene. Adam WarRock will rock the Main Theater stage on Nov. 2 at 3:30 p.m.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Getting through my to-do list with nothing left to do except play video games or watch TV.
2. What is your greatest fear?
Drowning in the ocean.
3. On what occasion do you lie?
When I’m at a store or on a plane and someone asks me what I do for a living. Sometimes I don’t want to explain, “No, yeah, a rapper. I rap. Like rap music. For a living.” Sometimes I just want to read my comics. So I usually just say “I’m in web development.”
4. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
In the immortal words of Skee-Lo, I wish I was a little bit taller. Just like, 2-3 inches. It would’ve made a world of difference when I played basketball.
5. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Probably the fact that I can make a living as a musician. Or making a rap song about breakfast foods.
6. What do you most dislike about yourself?
I’m a bit quick to judgment when I meet people. I wish I could give people more of a chance.
7. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
“Seriously” – “Dude” – “Awesome”
8. What is your most treasured possession?
Honestly? My Macbook. I also have a card from my grandmother’s funeral always in my wallet that I hold as a lucky charm. Probably those two things.
9. What do you most value in your friends?
10. The quality you most admire in a person?
11. What supernatural gift would you most like to possess?
Telekinesis. I’m a prankster, and I would abuse it to no end.
12. What is your favorite food?
Sushi, or pizza. But not sushi pizza. That’d be gross.
13. What is your favorite color?
All shades of blue.
14. Who is your favorite fictional character?
Man, what a question. I was in love with Gadget Mouse from Chip ‘n’ Dale Rescue Rangers as a kid. Does that count as my favorite? I also LOVE President Bartlet from The West Wing. I think most people would want me to answer like, literary characters, right? But all I can think of are cartoons and television.
15. Who is your favorite person in history?
Franklin Roosevelt. As a political and legal history nerd, dude was the bossest of the bosses.
16. Who is your favorite artist?
Barbara Kruger. Lichtenstein. Warhol. Tons of pop artists.
17. Who is your favorite musician?
Jonathan Coulton. Everything about what I do is somewhat informed by how he makes music. I wanted to take nerdy subjects and push it through rap the way he did through acoustic/rock.
18. Who are your favorite writers?
Hendrick Hertzberg for politics. William Goldman for screenplays/fiction. And a slew of comic writers, like Fraction, Hickman, Remender, Mignola … more and more that I can’t even fit here.
19. Who are your heroes in real life?
I love reading about political history, so a lot of guys like Truman, Justice Blackmun, Justice Brennan.
20. DC, Marvel, Lovecraft or Whedon Universe?
Marvel Zombie all the way.
21. What is your present state of mind?
Staring at a mountain of stuff that needs to get done. Making the sausage of the music biz. Excited and nervous at the potential I’m dealing with for this year.
22. What is your motto?
“You can’t be everything to everyone. So let me be anything to anyone” – a lyric by the rapper, Shad.